tips for those seeking happiness:
1. Accept your sadness. Let it wash over you, let it consume you and invade you so that you can hardly breathe. And then push it away. Force it out. You are not your sadness. Your sadness is nothing more than the monster under your bed from your childhood nightmares. It is not you. It is not you. It is not you.
2. Replace the sadness with love. Love of yourself, love of your friends and family, love of the sky on a clear summer’s night. You are not your sadness. You are your love. It is that and only that which you need to hold onto.
3. Let go. Let go of your past. Let go of the hurts and losses and tears. Strip it bare so all that is left is a feeling of newness. No, do not forget these feelings. But let them go so that there is room for the happiness. Vacate your mind of the dark, let it float off into the atmosphere, so that the light can take up permanent residence.
4. Let yourself feel. Embrace the world. Step outside, take a deep breath and appreciate the majesty and beauty of this universe. We have fucked up this world, but if you look past the death and the war and the cruelty, you can see how beautiful the world really is. Life is far too short to only see the evil. You are not a hero for being able to point out the evil. Everyone can do that. You are a hero for seeing the good and embracing that.
5. Remember that you are only human and that you are not capable of everything nor should you be expected to. Do not concern yourself with the people who scorn you because you are not a superhuman who can do everything perfectly all at once.They are not worth your thoughts. The people who truly love you will not love you any less for what you are not capable of.
And last but not least, live. Go out into the world and do what you need to do. There is no better and faster way to happiness then living your life the way you want. So just fucking live.