Anonymous asked: do you think that everyone should have the right to vote? regardless of age?
- i am an exception, but the overwhelming majority of young people DO NOT GIVE A SINGLE FLYING FUCK about politics. they wouldn’t be informed voters, and therefore wouldn’t be useful voters.
- the younger a citizen is, the more likely it is that they’ll just vote for whoever their parents vote for, which isn’t useful voting.
- a lot of young people (myself included) are still forming opinions and their worldview. i was lucky enough to have a family that instilled curiosity and the desire to learn in me, and gave me the freedom to build my own sense of morality, so i got interested in politics and feminism and injustice and blahblahblah. but a lot of people don’t have that, and they aren’t useful voters. they’d end up being free extra votes for their parents’ party of choice, which is stupid.
- we already have a problem with the voting age. as it is, young people don’t vote that much. how is lowering the voting age going to help anything? like yeah, here, have some more apathetic teenagers to decide who’s governing your country. yippee-ka-yay.
- i am happy to have had NOTHING TO DO with stephen fucking harper being elected a second time. I DON’T GET TO VOTE, SO THAT WASN’T MY FAULT! WOO!
ps: thank you, followers, for constantly tossing deep thinking questions in my face for no reason and without warning. I LOVE IT.